Solutions for Standing Water: Commercial Drainage Systems
- November 13, 2019
- Posted by: Metro Lawn Care
- Category: News
Drainage problems can cause damage to walls, ceilings and floors. Standing water, if left unaddressed, can cause foundations to move, resulting in costly repairs down the line. It can also flood landscapes, causing erosion and unsightly flooding. Metro Lawn Care, Inc. can help to prevent the harmful effects of water by ensuring your business has the proper drainage systems in place.
There are several ways to prevent standing water:
- Swale Drains: Swale Drains are an aesthetically pleasing way to ensure that water runoff is occurring properly. These shallow, broad ditches flow well with most landscapes and help ensure that runoff does not occur too quickly, all while creating a natural, stream-like effect.
- Trench Drains: For heavy water collections areas, trench drains are quite effective. Deep trenches allow the water to be directed away from high erosion areas and into safer, more desirable spaces. Trench drains are also easy to conceal with pebbling effects so the landscape remains free of imperfections.
- Point Drains: Areas in which water pools are at risk for standing water. Installing a point drain allows water to follow the natural slop of the land without pooling. Point drains are a small modification that will save landscapes from major damage.
- Landscaping Modifications: Landscaping is a major contributor to how water drains and whether or not it will cause damage to buildings and businesses. Well placed slopes can ensure that water drains away from structures and toward acceptable outlets and specific plants can keep the rain off of sidewalks.
Metro Lawn Care, Inc. is dedicated to ensuring that rain does not hinder your business. Standing water and flooded landscapes cause companies to close for repairs but a well planned landscape will ensure that your doors stay open even on the rainiest of days. contact us to guarantee that your business is protected against the rain!